Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring Ideas

I love Spring.
It might possibly be my favorite time of the year.
Everything is fresh. New. Clean.
Flowers awaken from a winter's slumber. To add color and life to a bland landscape, sprout crocus, daffodils and tulips of every color, shape and size.
Here are of few fabulous ideas, I wish I could claim as my own, from one of my favorite magazines, Midwest Living.
Of all the "containers" I own, I am ashamed to admit I do not own a simple white pitcher. But this is a great idea. Simply a white pitcher and artichokes. Would be grand for spring or summer.

All I can say is, I LOVE THIS!!!!

LOVE THIS TOO!!
I think I will adorning our front door with this idea for spring. I might even keep the theme, but alter it for summer.
Everyone has an old watering can around the house that, for what ever reason, doesn't work any longer. What a great way to "re-purpose" it. Absolutely splendid!

Well... what can I say. Just lovely.
If I were hosting Easter this year, this would be my centerpiece of choice.
This is simply made using a large mouth clear container, the article claims to use a large mouth cookie jar. Plastic mini Easter eggs. Bouquet of mixed spring flowers. (I would suggest a couple drops of bleach, so the plastic eggs don't "grow".)
Just lovely!

I hope to have a few of these ideas in our home this spring.
Enjoy.
Hugs-M

No comments: