Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Some of my favorite things

This is going to sound "corny", but for years I've been fascinated by Oprah's Favorite Things. So I thought to myself one day: "what are some of MY favorite things?' But I gave it some serious thought. "What do I use regularly that I think is great, if given the opportunity, wouldn't choose to live without?" (Most are not "brand" specific. I guess I'm not a "brandy" person.)

Here are some of the things I came up with:

BARE ESCENTUALS, makeup that has changed the way my day starts. So healthy. All natural. Mineral based. Silky on the skin. Oh and did I tell you, its easy. I love the fact that this makeup looks natural. Not pastey, cakey, or creasy. It literally takes me 3 minutes to get ready in the morning. Lord knows, I DO NOT have the time to be fussing. Two big "shout outs" for Bare Escentuals.

LIP BALM, I'm not much of "brand" snob. But I have to have it. I usually have 2 of them in my purse or pockets at all times. Especially in the middle of winter or height of summer.


FLIPFLOPS, man, I can't live with out them. Hi, my name is Michelle, and I confess I'm a flipflop junkie. At any given point, it usually starts in the spring when the snow is gone, I start airing out the "pigs". Bring on the flipflops. I'll have about a dozen pairs before the summer is over. In every shade. Multiple styles. Love 'em, can't live without 'em.

STICKY-NOTES, love 'em. I think everybody does. 'Nuff said.

BATH and BODY WORKS LOTION, I have to admit, I am kinda a smell snob. There are so many I like but just can't wear. They make me sick, literally. I like smelling ..... like a woman. Soft, flowery, fruity, silky. Probably the one "girly girly" indulgence I have.

RUBBER BOOTS, garden boots, knee high. I find myself in them every time I turn around. Whether it's working in the garden after a rain or coming to Little Dude's rescue because he is stuck in a mud puddle. I have a boring pair of navy barn boots, 'cuz the pink polka dot ones are too "girly" for the horse barn. LOL I think every garden-y person should have a pair! I'd have 10 if Craig wouldn't freak out. hahaha

HIGH HEEL SHOES, I think these are what define us as women. Men CAN'T wear 'em. Oh, go on, admit it, when you put on a great pair of high heels, you instantly feel sexier, more like women. No more "mommy-business", you get that boost deep from inside. And WHA-HOOOO ...... Look out world here I come. I don't wear them all the time, but again, I'd have 10 if Craig wouldn't freak out! (kisses honey, I know you really don't care how many pairs of shoes I have. Because your the best honey on the planet. H&K)

PAJAMA PANTS, every person is different on this one. College students wear them as regular articles of clothing. I own about 10 pairs. Different colors, lengths, styles, etc. I could grub around in them all day. I confess, I am a house-cleaning fool in pajama pants. Don't stand in my way I might mop you up! Love 'em!

DISHES. For example, I have beautiful set of white with gold trim for "holidays," which I have yet to use. I have a set of plain white, with every little piece imaginable. A red snowman set for winter. A cowboy set for when we are feeling a little "western." Last night on TV there was a great ad on RFDTV, which Craig was watching, for some western dishware company. And all I hear after I do a brief pause in front of the TV, "Keep moving. You do not have any more room to store more dishes." Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Well I will leave the list at that for now. I hope this makes you stop and think about some of your favorite things. I certainly enjoy mine!
Hugs-M

No comments: