Monday, February 7, 2011

What chicken lives here?

I read a wonderful bi-monthly publication called "MaryJane's Farm" that does wonderful snipits of unusual farm things.

One of their latest focuses was on all things chicken. Chicken breeds. Chicken feeds. Chicken houses. Breeding chickens. Butchering chickens. Well you get the point.

One of the neat things they focused on was housing. How much room? How big are the nesting boxes? What temperature should it be maintained at? blah blah blah..... What I loved the most was some of this houses they showcased.


Like this one from http://www.myamishgoods.com/. They focus on sustainable living. But they build some of the neatest chicken house.

So I want to know what kind of cool chickens live here??

I think I want one. I think I want a BIG barn to match. I think my chickens deserve an uber cool house.

No comments: