Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The dirt made me do it…..

I couldn’t hold out any longer

I had to do it.

It was out of my control.

I didn’t have a choice.

THE DIRT MADE ME DO IT!

On a wonderful date “day” with Hubby a few weeks back, we went shopping. Yes, that’s right, shopping. Well, he went to the sporting goods superstore, I went to the rest of the mall. While wandering, I came across these little gems. I couldn’t resist. I had to have them. I have been looking for/at them for yeeaaarrrrsss.

008

I think the “spring fever” made me do it.

So these little, well they aren’t so little, gems have been sitting in my office window for about 3 weeks. Empty. Sad. Begging for some love.

I woke up and smelled the dirt.

009

Herb garden started! I dug out some “seed starting” soil. Went into the “seed library” to find some seeds to plant. And the winners are: Flat leaf parsley, mint, cilantro, and basil. Yummmm. Every morning when I’m up packing lunches, I peek in to see if any of my little darlings have sprouted yet. Ok I’m impatient! I just can’t wait to cook with my OWN herbs.

The dirt made me do it! :)

Hugs from the Farm

No comments: