Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Snippets

I love Sundays.  Its seems to be my day of doing whatever I need/want to.  Whether its lounging in pj’s until noon, finishing laundry, or cooking for the upcoming week.  Usually there isn’t much of a “plan.”  The day just seems to fall into place.

This Sunday however, I have a million things on my plate.  And a million random thoughts running through my head. I can’t seem to find focus.  I’m having a really difficult time staying on task today.

Here are a some of the things rambling around in my head on this particular Sunday.

  1. Packing for a “Girls trip” that leaves on Thursday with one of my oldest and dearest gal pals.
  2. Trying to get the house cleaned.  I think with a 5 year old, a dog, and husband, that is an unattainable dream.
  3. Trying to finish the laundry so I can finish packing.  See #1.
  4. I was invited to participate in a 5K run/walk the last weekend of April.  I would love to do it.  It’s a goal of mine.  Can I do it?  I think I could run it.  That’s the plan.  Will keep you posted on the progress and results.
  5. I’m tired.  I’m just plain whooped.
  6. Kiddo is so bored.  See #2.  AND spring break at preschool JUST started.  Please see #1.
  7. There are about a trillion, ok not literally but you get the idea, thoughts running through my head about all of the “projects” I would like to get accomplished around The Farm this year.  There seems to be no exact plan as to order, priority, or value of said projects.  Some big, some small.  I always have grand ideas, just lack the time and usually the funds for most of them.
  8. I was informed this week that my husband committed The Farm to 100 baby pheasant chicks.  Yes, you read that right.  1-0-0!  Good Lord.  Really?  What in the name of all that is holy, do YOU, my husband, plan to do with 100 pheasants?  I will keep you posted.  See #5 & 7.
  9. Kiddo and I traveled to our local “Amish country hardware/store” yesterday.  I enjoy that place tremendously and in a really strange way.  I am pretty sure I could spend hours in there. (its not that big, trust me)  I find a strange comfort when I’m there.

I’m ready for spring.  I’m ready to be outside.  I’m longing to get lost in my thoughts while I’m in my gardens.  I’m restless.  I need fresh air to clear my thoughts, find focus, and stay on task.

Love, from The Farm….. it maybe the “funny farm”

No comments: