Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Will spring ever make it to the Farm??

I can not recall a winter past that I have wanted for SPRING as bad as I do this year. 

Why?  I really am not sure.  Our winter hasn’t been unusually harsh.  Cold, yup, you bet.  Snowy, we’ve had our share.  Windy, yeah, we’ve had more wind than normal.  Sunshine, lots!

But oh how I long for Spring.

Oh, and it never seems to fail, that upon a wonderful warming, and temps that might break 40, and the snow starts to turn to spot s grass….. WHAM!!!! More bleeping snow!  This is the view out of office window.  Umm… about a week ago or so.  (This was taken on a Thursday. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were well in to the mid 40’s.  Beautiful.  Sunshine.  Even had a window or two cracked for the smell of fresh air and growing grass. 

003

Then WHAM!  More snow.  Not just an inch or so.   Oh no.  Mother Nature is a cruel cruel woman, with an evil sense of humor.  We received enough snow that Hubby had to bust out the tractor and PLOW!    Oh and of special note:  This has happened 3, count ‘em 3, times since mid February.

Spring, my dear friend, where have you gone?  Are you lost and unable to find your way to Michigan?  I would gladly send you bus fare.  Please come soon.  I don’t think momma can handle much more “white.”  She desperately needs some green in her view.

Hugs from the land of never ending winter, aka The Farm.

No comments: